Ah, the 30 before 30 list. It's only right to check in with it once more, right?
1. Cook an entire Thanksgiving meal. (Hmm, maybe if we lived in something bigger than a one-bedroom apartment this might be feasible...)
2. Take an international trip with Ben. Pesky things like bills and debt, and job losses got in the way of this one.
3. Maybe have a kiddo. This actually made me smile, because I don't remember the age I was when I first created this list, but ohh, sweet naive Becky. Maybe one day.
4. Travel to two states I haven't been to - then I'll have hit 25 out of 50! Holding steady at 24!
5. Master a language - and then go somewhere where I can actually use
6. Surprise my husband with a weekend getaway. I need him to really be lulled into complacency before pulling this one again!
7. Attend a professional hockey game. This is one I'm actually bummed I haven't done - I always seem to think of it in the very off-season!
8. Read (or re-read) 10 classic books. I'm going to count this as finished - I read enough that I'm sure this is true!
9. Live in a place that's bigger than 684 square feet. Still a one-bedroom but bigger indeed!
10. Practice yoga more consistently. Yes and love it so much.
11. Have a Christmas tree. Love this too!
12. Take a picture every day for a year. It's not technically my birthday so I haven't "technically" finished but I have been faithfully doing this since last year! (Hop over to the facebook page to see!)
13. Get over all my constant stress about money. (This is definitely a work in progress).
14. Learn to like tea. So done. I even take people to have it with me!
15. Go to a show/play/concert. I went with Amber and Mandy which made it even better!
16. Become more patient in the car. This will continue to remain a work in progress but for the most part I'm much better than I have been in the past!
17. Discover a passion and do whatever it is to follow it. I'm counting this as done because in the past year I've changed so many things I do based on what I love!
18. Support an organization that does good and makes you happy. Oh hello Girl Scouts, and More Love Letters, and So Worth Loving, and The Giving Keys, and Momastery.
19. Assemble furniture without throwing down the pieces and giving up in the middle of it. (Proof)
20. Get a dining room table and set of chairs and actually use it. (We definitely do!)
21. Get a fancy camera. And oh how I love it!
22. Take a spontaneous road trip with the mister.
23. Visit Ground Zero. I did this on my day trip to NYC.
24. Learn to drink more "grown-up" drinks from Starbucks. (i.e. not just frappuccinos) Pumpkin Spice Latte anyone?
25. Buy a car. Actually not nearly as painful as I thought it would be! (And hello, automatic in traffic - my left knee thanks you).
26. Meet at least five bloggers. Love meeting my blogger turned-in-real-life friends!
27. Play a video game (that does not involve Mario or racing) with Ben for an extended period of time. Done, although I'm sure he would argue this does not happen enough!
28. Get my finger situation figured out so I can wear a wedding ring again. (Yes!)
29. Donate my hair to Locks of Love. What an experience!
30. Get a tattoo. I love it so much!
I did some things, I didn't do others, but you know what the best part is? (Wait for it, because this is a big one).
I don't care.
Sure, I love a good list, and I love feeling like I've accomplished things, but I am past the point in my life where I measure my value from a piece of paper, or rather, a blog post. (Except when cleaning - that is the best feeling).
So I won't be making a list for my 30s. Are there things I'd like to do? Sure. Will I do them? Maybe. But if I don't - I think it's because I'll be too busy living to worry about it.
Do you have a life list of some sort? Do you like crossing things off or is it there just to serve as a reminder of cool things you want to do?