In lieu of a traditional virtual coffee date, and since it's almost Friday, let's play a game I just made up! It's called "You Might Be Surprised to Learn." Okay so the title's not great but it'll be fun. I'll start!
You might be surprised to learn...
1. I am INVOLVED with the Detroit Lions. I might be a new fan, and I might not talk about it all that much, but people, I am committed. They were doing really well this season - they won six of the first nine games, but then lost six of their last seven. (Coach Schwartz is out, so Caldwell you're up - let's see what you can do buddy). I rarely get to see the games in this area (damn regional coverage), but I have alerts from ESPN on my phone so I can keep up with the score, injuries, and other team news.
Their 2012 season (also known as the season I became a fan) their record was 4-12-0; four wins, 12 losses, zero ties. Despite tanking halfway through their 2013 season their record was 7-9-0 or seven wins, nine losses, zero ties. Obviously, having me as a fan is helping. (Also, if anyone from the Detroit Lions is reading this and wants to fly me out for a game? I will tweet the sh*t out of that. Just sayin').
2. A Dyson vacuum can suck up the charger to an iPhone. Okay, this one may not be so much a tidbit about me as it as a little PSA, but one night Ben was vacuuming and I heard this horrible sound - like crunching and grinding, and just...bad. Then I heard him say a few choice words and when I asked if he was okay he replied, "Um...well, I didn't see your phone charger..." It was kind of awesome how demolished it was. (For the record, the vacuum was not phased).
3. As much as I love knitting, I've realized I like to knit things "flat," or straight across. Scarves and blankets are all knit straight, whereas hats or booties, or some cowl scarves are connected (usually with circular needles) to give the appearance of no seams. Maybe it's the nature of the projects, but when I have to connect or join things to knit them I tend to get frustrated faster. I want to challenge myself in my projects though. I might soon be trying to make fingerless mitts which will not only be connected but also are made on double-pointed needles which I cannot stand. We'll see how this goes.
4. I am still going to the doctor for follow-up appointments from the d&c. They are monitoring me through blood draws until my HCG (pregnancy hormone) levels are low enough - they're very close to where they need to be but it sometimes makes it hard to think of other things when I'm going into a fertility office every week. (Fingers crossed tomorrow is my last one!)
5. Every time I take a trip (even if it's only overnight), I leave a note or letter for Ben to find. In the six plus years we've been married I've only forgotten once and I think I was more upset about it than he was. (Although I might have just jinxed myself...) This will apply this weekend because I'm headed to an ashram with a friend for a yoga retreat. I realized after booking it that it's Valentine's Day weekend (whoops!) but I love that it doesn't phase Ben. We'll do something next week when I'm back and all zen from a weekend of meditation and peace. And he gets the apartment to himself for a couple of days. (That totally counts as a present, right?)
What might I be surprised to learn about you? (No really, I need to work on that title).
Happy almost weekend!