This little thing has been floating around the blogosphere and I thought it might be a fun way to end out the week!
Four names that people call me (other than my real name):
1. Becky Jo - okay technically that's still my name but you can tell someone has known me most of my life if they call me this name.
2. Red - another nickname from when I was little. For a long time this was my paternal Grandpa's name for me, and I would get angry if anyone else would call me that.
3. Legs - this one cracks me up! Nine times out of ten when Ben and I are walking somewhere I'm behind him (hello, I'm short), and he'll always say "come on Legs, you can do it! Keep up!" It makes me laugh every time.
4. Peeps - how my best friend and sister and I refer to each other. (Did you follow that?) There's a long story of how this started that I honestly don't even remember anymore!
Four jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at a Gap Outlet
2. Volunteer at Girl Scout camps
3. Packer at a moving company (Weirdest thing I packed - a room full of beanie babies in glass cases. In a house with a retired couple. Um...)
4. Technical writer
Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. The Bourne series - just the ones with Matt Damon though. I am nothing if not a purist.
2. Elf - all the time during the holiday season.
3. Braveheart - there was a time I watched it every day.
4. Dirty Dancing - I used to be obsessed with Patrick Swayze. In a totally not healthy way.
Four places I've visited:
Four books I'd recommend:
1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
3. Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Four things I prefer not to eat:
1. Lima beans - I used to trade my brother my lima beans for his carrots. It was a good system we had going.
2. Right now any kind of burrito from Qdoba or Chipotle - but only because I've thrown them up one too many times. (I bet you really wanted to know that, right?)
3. Yogurt. I loooved yogurt as a kid and I think I overdid it, because try as I might, I cannot like it no matter what flavor, kind, etc.
4. Pickles. Again, too much as a kid. I would eat them like candy, but as I got older even the thought of them makes me want to gag.
Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. The drive home from work. My commute can be a pain but between podcasts (hello Book Riot and Serial), and Christmas music I'm enjoying it a little more than usual lately.
2. I'm counting this as the next full year, so having a healthy baby boy!
3. Resolve's D.C. Walk of Hope next June. This year was such an incredible experience, I can't wait to see what next year brings!
4. Ben's eye surgery which is next week! It's going to fix a condition he has and should make a huge improvement in his day-to-day living.
Four things I'm always saying:
1. "Dude." This can be used pretty much in any way.
2. "You're my favorite." Probably what I say the most to Ben (other than I love you).
3. "That's awesome!" When I asked Ben something I say a lot, he didn't hesitate before telling me this.
4. "Up your butt and around the corner." Here's the best part about this - I would say it when I was younger (and then get scolded for it), but I will randomly say this now and every single time, I laugh like it's the funniest thing ever. (Don't hate on my maturity level).
What are four fun facts about you?
Happy almost Friday!